10 ways to stay warm
- Think over the menu. Undoubtedly, light vegetable dishes are good for a figure, but in the winter it is worth revising a diet a little. Include meat, fish, soups, cereals in the menu. More dried apricots and bananas. And, of course, do not forget about the "hot" spices and seasonings: curry, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cumin and garlic.
- Have a hearty breakfast. Food is energy, and most of it will be spent just on "heating" yourself.
- Do not overestimate alcohol. Alcohol can help keep you warm, but ... for a short time, and after that the body rapidly begins to lose heat. Therefore, in cold weather, especially during walks in the fresh air, it is better to have not a flask with something strong, but a thermos with herbal tea, or tea with ginger or lemon, as well as hot chocolate (a favorite drink of many climbers).
- Do a massage. Hands or feet freezing? Massage them! Do massage before going out and returning to warmth.
- Breathe slowly. Proponents of breathing exercises advise: in winter you need to inhale slowly and not very deeply, this calms the nervous system and allows you to quickly adapt to the cold. And when a person is very, very cold, they recommend one more exercise: inhale with both nostrils, and exhale through one, holding the second.
Already no jokes!
You urgently need to heat if:
- the gait became shaky, as if blowing by the wind
- shallow breathing, pulse slow
- bouts of trembling began, arms and legs cold
- hard to concentrate
5 more tips on how to warm up in severe frost
- Think about warmth. Stop trembling and winding yourself up, repeating "I'm cold, I'm cold." On the contrary, relax and think that you are comfortable, imagine how the heat spreads throughout the body, warming you, you really warm.
- Think about family. Scientists at the University of Toronto found that a person who feels lonely freezes faster. Fortunately, there is an inverse relationship: it’s worth looking at the photo of your child, remembering her husband, you immediately feel a rush of heat.
- Hug! In the process of close touches there is an exchange of heat, besides it is so nice!
- Be less nervous. Experiences act on our bodies like frosts: with a strong emotional shock, blood “rushes” to the brain so that a person can make the right decision. And when you experience stress in the winter, the chance to freeze increases significantly. Therefore, learn to relax.
- In case of emergency… If you have to stand outside for a long time (or in a poorly heated room), put paper insoles in your shoes. It gets a little warmer.
It’s definitely not worth it in the cold
- wear rings in the cold - jewelry makes blood circulation difficult
- wear large earrings - metal removes heat
- walk without a hat. Although the hair itself is not capable of freezing, it is capable of scalp. In the cold, blood supply is disturbed, and as a result, dull hair
- rubbed with snow - not only do not get warm, but also risk damaging the upper layer of the skin
Subscribe to the news and keep abreast of the most interesting and useful news.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.