One-room apartment design
Do not be upset that you are the owner of Odnushka. It can always be redone or furnished so that every guest will be delighted with your cozy home! When designing a one-room apartment, do not forget that your main task is to properly zon the main and only room. Immediately determine where the working area will be, a place for rest and storage. This is important in order not to create a sense of chaos in the room.
One-Room Apartment Design Tips
- The design of a one-room apartment should be thought through carefully - it is better to use the advice of an experienced architect.
- It is better to consult with builders about the demolition of partitions and the transfer of walls. Wrongly moved walls can have unpleasant consequences.
- Try to fill the interior of a one-room apartment with light, make it airy and minimalistic. Small details will simply clutter up the space and create a sense of chaos. Get rid of unnecessary things. Give them a second life by taking them to a shelter, nursery or distributing them to neighbors and friends.
- If you need to plan a tiny space, for example, make the design of a one-room apartment of 28 square meters. m., then keep in mind that you may have to abandon some familiar things. For example, a large desk is no longer for you. Better buy a laptop and a folding table or stand, so you will save a lot of space. Fight for every centimeter and you will feel how pleasant it is to live in an apartment with an interior made according to your own, carefully thought-out project.
- Move the wardrobe to the hallway or make its doors completely mirrored. Visually, the room will become larger. If the corridor is small, occupy the smaller part of the hall, giving it under a shallow closet. In this case, you can put absolutely all things into it and avoid buying additional hinged shelves, cabinets and everything that occupies a precious place in the interior of a studio apartment.
One-room apartment interior
The interior of a one-room apartment does not tolerate the presence of a bulky desk. Instead, buy a convenient stand for a laptop, and if you have a stationary computer, then place the system unit under a small desk or put it sideways on a windowsill. The latter, by the way, do not try to occupy only flower pots. You will get much more benefit from the windowsill if you use it as a shelf for a small one-room apartment. Store books on it, put a printer or scanner, make an exhibition of toys or unusual jars. In general, create from a window sill not just a place to install pots, try to make a full-fledged place to store the necessary and beautiful things. One of the good ways is to place books mixed with photos on it. Your interior of a one-room apartment will become much more attractive and comfortable. Simple, functional and beautiful!
If your one-room apartment has a balcony, you're in luck. It can be turned into a cozy office by warming the floors, hanging shelves, curtains and making a comfortable table from the rest of the kitchen worktop, for example. In this case, do not clutter the balcony very much. All you need is a table, chair, shelves and a lamp. So you actually get a second small room where you can do your own thing, work on the computer, read books. You can turn the balcony into a small workshop, delighting your spouse with this idea. It is possible even in the design of a studio apartment of 35 sq.m.
If, nevertheless, your design of a one-room apartment involves the use of a balcony as a place to store unnecessary and rarely used things, then try to organize its entire space. Attach many hooks, hang shelves, use the ceiling and walls of the balcony in order to store the bike, for example. Dividing the entire space of the balcony into small zones - so, firstly, you will avoid landfills, and secondly, provide quick and unhindered access to all things stored on it. You can also transfer the refrigerator to the balcony if there is not enough space in the kitchen for all the appliances. Store vegetables and fruits on it, as well as all cans with homemade preserves and summer things.
So, at your disposal there is one room. First of all, discard carpets, thick curtains, voluminous sofa cushions. They will weight the interior of a one-room apartment and collect a large amount of dust. Hang the TV on a wall or hide it in a closet or cabinet, so you will have more free space.
The design of a one-room apartment also involves the active use of artificial light sources. Try to highlight all the main areas: work, storage area and rest. In the wardrobe, you can build in a small local illumination, and thus facilitate the search for things in the bowels of the shelves.
The interior of a one-room apartment is best designed in the style of hi-tech, minimalism or classic. Try to avoid sharp color contrasts. Choose one or two primary colors and several of their shades, which you will combine with each other. Successful combinations are considered blue and brown, beige and brown, beige and blue, pink and green, gray and white, gray and green.
Do not forget to take into account another important point when planning the design of a one-room apartment. The front door in the room creates a "dead" zone in the open position. Think seriously about whether you need it. If it is not functional, remove it and leave an empty opening. You can replace it with a folding option or a curtain to the floor.
Pay attention to the furniture wall. If you have to develop the design of a one-room apartment of 30 sq.m., for example, it is worth considering whether it is so important. It is better to replace a bulky wall to a ceiling with a height with a rack or a shallow mirrored wardrobe made in the full length of the wall. You can zone it inside and determine a place for clothes, books and other things. If your family doesn’t watch TV too often, you can hide it in the bowels of the wardrobe and open the door when you want to turn it on. The TV can also be hung on the wall bracket, and a small model can be put on the refrigerator in the kitchen, for example. More ideas for a small one-room apartment.
Often people are afraid to use open shelves, considering them old-fashioned and uncomfortable in terms of cleaning and afraid to spoil the design of a one-room apartment. We can tell you with confidence that open shelves greatly facilitate the problem of storage space. They become indispensable in homes where they like books, movies on CDs, souvenirs, collectible figures. You can free up space in the closet for other things and move some books to the wall shelves, for example.
It is very convenient to use folding furniture and transformer items in small one-room apartments. The design of a one-room apartment is great for such experiments. If you still remember the old Soviet tables, which were folded into a narrow pedestal, then you will understand what is at stake. Now a lot of companies producing modern furniture offer unusual options for tables, tables, drawer tables for storage, folding chairs and folding beds.
Surround yourself only with necessary and useful things, try to avoid ill-considered purchases, especially when it comes to furniture and interior. And remember that it is much easier to fill a small apartment with coziness than a large one, the main thing is to really want and believe in yourself.